WhatsApp payments: how to set up, send and receive money
Here’s how you can set up a WhatsApp payment and connect it to your bank account.
Due to the ongoing epidemic, most of us want to have as little contact with others as possible and follow the social visionary guidelines provided by the Government of India. This has changed the way we send and receive money, making contactless payments a new normal.
Digital payment services like Google Pay, PhonePe, and others are in huge demand. If you are highly dependent on online payment but do not want to download an additional app to try WhatsApp Pay on your smartphone. This feature is now available to users for the longest time, but not everyone is aware of it.
Today we explain everything about WhatsApp payment and how you can use it to make online transactions easier.
WhatsApp Payments is based on the National Payments Corporation of India (NCPI) Unified Payments Interface (UPI). Unlike Paytm, which also has a wallet for people to deposit money, and unlike Google Pay which allows users to pay bills, buy gold and pay more, WhatsApp payments are only for peer-to-peer payments is devoted. For WhatsApp Payments, the instant messaging platform has partnered with some of the leading banks in India such as ICICI Bank, HDFC Bank, Axis Bank, and State Bank of India.
Here’s how you can set up a WhatsApp payment and connect it to your bank account. We will also discuss how you can start sending money to your contacts using the feature. You can also send money by scanning the WhatsApp UPI code or entering the UPI ID. let’s take a look.
WhatsApp payments: how to set up
image source( indianexpress.com)
Here’s how to install WhatsApp payment on your phone.
* Open WhatsApp on your smartphone.
* Now tap on the three dots at the top right corner.
* Tap on ‘Payment’ option.
* Now tap on ‘Add payment method’ option
* It will show a list of supported devices.
* Select the bank where you have an account. (Account must be linked to mobile number)
* The app will then ask your phone to send a verification message. Tap Verify via the ‘SMS’ button.
* After verifying, it will show all your accounts in the bank which are linked to your number. Select the app you want to use.
* Tap done and your process to set up your account is complete.
How to send money using WhatsApp payments
image source( indianexpress.com )
* Go to the chat of the person you want to send money to.
* Click on the attachment option and then tap on the ‘Payment’ option.
* If WhatsApp payment is installed in the contact, you will see a screen where you can send money and make a request.
* Enter the amount and add a note if you want and then hit Next.
* This will take you to a screen where it will ask you to enter your UPI PIN. If you do not have one, it will guide you through making one.
* Enter your UPI PIN and you are done.
* If you are requesting money, tap on the request and wait for the person to accept your request.