Here are 6 confirmed details of the affordable Oneplus smart TV series
After ruling the premium Indian smartphone segment for several quarters, OnePlus is now set to launch affordable products in the country. The company is set to launch affordable OnePlus TV in the country on 2 July. Pete Lau’s CEO of OnePlus has confirmed that the TV will only be called OnePlus Smart TV. OnePlus entered the smart TV space last year with an expensive price tag of two premium TVs – OnePlus TV Q1 and OnePlus TV Q1 Pro.
India is a price-sensitive market and most consumers look for products that are large on specifications yet affordable. The OnePlus TV Q1 series offered premium features but was expensive. The series started at Rs 69,900 and went up to around one lakh.
With the launch of the OnePlus Smart TV Series, the company aims to largely target people who want value for money products.
OnePlus has a large consumer base in the country and hence the upcoming affordable OnePlus Smart TV series will give a serious competition to Xiaomi’s Mi TV and the recently launched Realme Smart TV. Prior to the launch, OnePlus has revealed some key details of the OnePlus’ Smart TV series. Here is everything we know about the TV series so far.
1. The launch date is confirmed. OnePlus is all set to launch affordable OnePlus TV next month. The launch date has been set for 2 July. Due to the epidemic, OnePlus will skip the physical launch event and will be an online-only event.
2. OnePlus has also confirmed that there is going to be more than one TV. The company has said that the OnePlus Smart TV series is coming on more TVs. According to reports, the company will launch two smart TVs on a slated date. The screen size remains to be confirmed, but with aggressive pricing, OnePlus plans to launch the TV, we can expect the TV to be 32-inch or 43-inch or 50-inch. OnePlus TV Q1 Series comes with a 55-inch screen.
3. OnePlus CEO Pete Lau has confirmed that the OnePlus Smart TV will be available on Amazon.in like all other OnePlus products. The availability date is yet to be disclosed by the company. Smart TVs are listed on the e-commerce website with the ‘Notify Me’ button.
4. One of the key features of OnePlus’ smart TV will be price. The company has confirmed that the initial price of OnePlus Smart TV will be less than Rs 20.000. With such aggressive pricing, the OnePlus Smart TV will compete directly with Realme TV and Mi TV in India.
5. Lau has confirmed that the OnePlus Smart TV series is exclusively for Indian consumers, at least for now.
6. The company has also revealed that despite aggressive pricing, OnePlus will not compromise on smart TV features. Smart TVs are said to be full of smart and top-notch features. The design of the upcoming OnePlus Smart TV is yet to be confirmed.